Hospitality

Sector: Hospitality

Client: A leading player in the environmental hospitality segment, with two brands and 24 hotels.

CEO’s Dream: To expand his regional footprint, and create sustainable, profitable, growth by entering new hospitality segments.

Opportunities Recommended by OppGuru:

Go Beyond South Asia: OppGuru pointed out that the client had no global competitors in the segment of environmental hospitality. Yet its current strategy limited expansion to emerging markets OppGuru recommended that the client first expand to those countries that value environmentalism, i.e. the developed world. By expanding to countries that already cherish his brand’s values, the client can quickly discover abundant opportunities for sustained, profitable, growth.

Go Beyond Green: only 30% of the client’s customers care about the environment. OppGuru recommended that the client become relevant to the remaining 70% of the market, by also creating and operating mainstream hotel brands. By considering all hotel consumers as potential customers, the client could recover significant opportunities for sustained, profitable, growth.

Number One in Management Contracts: the client operates all its hotels under management contract – it is an expert in this area. OppGuru recommended that the client position itself to become the #1 contract management specialist in the world. If his world revolves around management contracts, the client’s opportunities for sustained, profitable, growth expand geometrically, into new areas such as serviced apartments, banquet halls, catering, clubs, senior citizens’ communities, meeting facilities, convention centers, schools, hospitals – the possibilities are endless.

Actions Taken: The client accepted and implemented the OppGuru recommendations.

The OppGuru Advantage

Industry: the hospitality industry was projected to grow at a CAGR of 8 to 10% over the next five years. 

Client: the client is on track to grow at over 30% CAGR for the same period following the execution of OppGuru recommendations.